Delivery Mistakes and Cerebral Palsy
A doctor has an obligation to patients to provide a standard level of treatment and care. During the treatment of a pregnant woman during childbirth and after childbirth this is absolutely crucial to an infant’s health. In some cases, delivery mistakes may lead to cerebral palsy.
If your child is showing symptoms of cerebral palsy or has been diagnosed with one of these serious neurological disorders, it is possible that a mistake during delivery led to brain damage. Cerebral palsy is a permanent disorder for which there is no cure. Treatment to improve symptoms is possible if you seek medical attention immediately.
Medical malpractice lawyer Dr. Bruce Fagel can help you if your child is suffering from cerebral palsy due to a delivery mistake. Even if you are not certain whether negligence led to your child’s disorder, Dr. Fagel can work with medical experts and use his extensive medical knowledge to thoroughly evaluate your case and the circumstances of the birth injury in order to determine whether negligence occurred.
By taking legal action through a lawsuit and working with malpractice and negligence attorney Dr. Fagel, you can hold the doctor, nurse or hospital responsible, and, therefore, collect monetary compensation to pay for medical bills and continued medical treatment. This can make all the difference in your child’s ability to cope with cerebral palsy and lead as normal a life as possible.
Some delivery mistakes that may lead to cerebral palsy or other serious birth injuries include:
- Failure to perform a necessary cesarean section in a timely manner
- Failure to diagnose infection in the mother during childbirth
- Improper use of vacuum or forceps in an instrumental delivery
- Failure to properly monitor fetal heart rate and respond accordingly
- Failure to treat seizures following delivery
- Failure to recognize and handle a prolapsed umbilical cord
- Leaving the child in the birth canal for too long
- Failure to plan a cesarian section when it should have been planned for the well-being of the mother and baby.
If you would like to work with a skilled medical malpractice and negligence lawyer who will give your case the personalized attention and the aggressive representation it needs in negotiations and court, The Law Offices of Dr. Bruce G. Fagel and Associates can help. Contact our firm for a free consultation with a highly experienced attorney regarding how delivery mistakes may have led to your child's cerebral palsy.
Contact Cerebral Palsy Attorney Dr. Bruce G. Fagel at
(800) 541-9376 for exceptional legal representation for your CP claim. Call today.